14 October 2007

Vide Grenier

IN THE STATES you'd probably call it a flea market. In France it's called a vide grenier (empty attic) -- and today we made our first stop at one of these popular village events. Each Sunday you can find one somewhere and today on our way home from a work-related picnic we found a big one in Valbonne -- and the kids did well for themselves. A bike and helmet for Henry, soccer (football) shin guards and a bike helmet for Patrick, and a stuffed animal and a pair of pink high-top tennis shoes for Julia -- all for about 8 Euros.

2 comments :

Charles Scriven said...

High tops for Julia? Next a high fashion runway.

Speaking tennis, I'm working on my killer serve. Sore all over. Think I will die.

What I really need to work on is my Skype know-how. Sigh.

Yesterday (after tennis) it was moving in...moving in....then dressing up for the Dayton Literary Peace Prize event, where we heard a talk by, among others, Elie Wiesel.

Love the blog

Anonymous said...

And here I was thinking the pink high tops were for you Jonathan...you are living in Europe now!!! When in Rome, do as the Romans. I think a nice black man purse would compliment them nicely!!!

Dana and the kids love checking out the blog as well!