22 January 2008

Difficult to Concentrate

IT CAN BE difficult to focus on work when this is what you see outside the window...

...but I know I must. In addition to my regular work, I've been caught up with (much needed) French lessons as well. I have two hours a week with a small group of colleagues, then an additional 1-2 hours of private tutoring. And, starting today, Kerri will join me for the one-on-one sessions. We now own Bescherelle: La Conjugaison -- the Bible of French verb conjugations. Will it help? We sure hope so.

8 comments :

Penny said...

You do have a lovely view! Those lessons sound great - I hope you both enjoy them :)

Unknown said...

We're having AEA Exec today! I'm sure you miss us with that view! Check your e-mail. Take care!
--Vinita

Anonymous said...

We are hoping for a view like that one day soon. Oh to take French lessons in france and actually USE IT on a daily basis. We have been taking lessons (2 hours a week) for almost 3 years. We do pretty good, but it's hard when you only speak it once a week. We try and talk to each other at home and while we do our homework, but it's just not the same. Enjoy your class and your view!

French for a While said...

I should explain that this is the view from my window at work.

La Vie est Belle said...

Sounds like I need a job at the CIV!

Penny said...

I just had to come back to this post and say my husband just bought me home a present - the Larousse Guide de Poche Conjugaison. Romantic, no?

:)

Anonymous said...

Le Bescherelle is the greatest tool you can have to learn french. Nathan told me about your site I'm very jealous of your travels. Best of all is that you are going to miss bad years for the caps and by the time you get back, Backstrom and Ovechkin will be 1,2 in scoring.
Tyler Coleman

Manue said...

this is THE book. i still need to check some verbs in it sometimes. i know. shame on me.

xxx

Emmanuelle