05 February 2008

I Just Voted!

ALTHOUGH THE PRIMARY for my state (Maryland) is not until next week, I just voted! Thanks to some new voting regulations, members of an organization called Democrats Abroad (did I just reveal my party affiliation?), can vote in the pimary elections -- either by mail, the internet, or live-and-in-person at a polling station in Nice. I chose the internet and just cast my ballot. This is the first time a major Party has allowed this kind of voting from citizens living abroad and this year Democrats Abroad will send 22 delegates to the National Convention this summer. Ex-Pats who want to vote in the Republican primaries must do it the old fashioned way (it is the Grand Old Party!)

But it's always fun to vote. If you happen to be reading this in France and want more info, go to the website...it's not too late to vote in your State primary and it's also a great place to get a ballot for November --but voting for the general election will have to take place the old way!
Democrats can click here for more info and Republicans can click here.
CJS

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, I had no idea! Thanks.

J Perry Stone said...

Jonathan,

You will not believe who Ric and I voted for.

Take a guess (and don't tell my folks).

J

Anonymous said...

Uh...we don't know HOW you voted.