14 March 2008

Prince Albert's Favorite Songs

TODAY IS PRINCE Albert of Monaco’s 50th birthday. As part of a tribute to the head of the principality, a local Monaco radio station played some of Albert's favorite songs all morning. The selections were based on a list created by the Prince himself of his 50 favorite records. Now it just so happens that I listen to this particular radio station each day on my way to work so I was looking forward to hearing some of the choices.

When I got in the car "Walk the Line" by Johnny Cash was playing. That was followed by James Taylor, Neil Diamond, and Peter Paul and Mary. Just when I was about to think Prince Albert couldn’t be any less cool, they played back-to-back hits from Journey and Foreigner.

Your coolness is no longer in doubt your highness.
CJS

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

so riviera radio is quite good, n'est-ce-pas ?
I told you !
and I too liked very much Prince Albert's playlist !

French for a While said...
This comment has been removed by the author.