18 June 2008

Business Travel: Paris

IN MY PREVIOUS job (previous life sounded too dramatic) I was required to travel quite a bit. Lot of travel in the US, a bit in Canada, and one or two trips a year to Asia. But now that I am teaching again after four years away from the classroom, those kinds of travel demands are no longer required. However, the next week is an exception. For the next 7 days I will be in Paris with colleagues from other international schools in France (Bordeaux, Lyon, Monaco, etc.) trying to accomplish three things: 1) make decision regarding plans for upcoming years (curriculum, grading, etc.) 2) marking the Histoire/Geo bac exams that students sat for last week, and 3) administering the oral part of the bac exam to students throughout France. My colleague from the CIV and I will be administering the orals to the students at the OIB school in St. Germain-en-Laye -- just outside Paris.

I'm not taking a computer -- no time for the internet when you are in Paris! I may hit the odd internet cafe or two for a quick update, but probably not. Just email checks.

One of the rules in our house when I am away on business is that Patrick and Julia get to sleep in our bed with Kerri. The flaw in this plan is that the kids look forward to days when I am away. Yesterday Julia came up to me with a big grin on her face and said, 'I can't remember if you are leaving on Thursday or Friday...but I hope it's Thursday.' But I felt better this evening because as I was tucking Patrick into bed he told me that he wishes I didn't have to go.

He won't mind so much tomorrow night when he gets to fall asleep in my spot on the bed!
CJS

2 comments :

La Vie est Belle said...

great post

deedee said...

I let my girls sleep with me when my husband is gone, too.
Too bad guys :)