06 June 2008

Jealous!

MY BROTHER SENT these photos to us the other day (actually, he sent them to Kerri hoping she would send them to me so I'd put them up on the blog...at least that's my theory). The photos of him only made me miss playing hockey even more. This past spring our team (do I have to say my former team?) won our league championship for the first time. I'm sure there is no connection between the fact that the team won in the first year that I did not play.

We're also very happy that the dreaded Pittsburgh Penguins did not win the Stanley Cup. I'm no fan of the Detroit Red Wings, but they're better than Satan's favorite team -- the Penguins!

And, yes, there is summer hockey in DC -- these photos were taken only a few days ago.
CJS

5 comments :

J said...

You're no fan of The Red Wings?? I'm no fan of you, mister!!!! They're only the greatest team ever in the history of the NHL!!!

The Tigers and Lions usually suck, I don't care about the Pistons, so the Red Wings are all I got! They're pretty much the only good thing coming out of Michigan these days... even though all of their players are Canadian and Swedish. :)

French for a While said...

Well, my family is from Sweden and I despise the Penguins, so I was a Red Wings fan for about 10 days!

J said...

LOL Good enough for me! Go Sverige!

Anonymous said...

Greatest team in NHL history? Montreal has 24 reasons to disagree, but beating the Pens puts them very high on the list. I'll put them at the top for now.

jim said...

I don't know about the greatest team in NHL history...possibly the last decade!!

I didn't want the Pens to win it either but those kids are amazing to watch!

Go Caps Go!!!