08 October 2008

03:00 - 04:30

WAKING-UP TO watch the debates is throwing my sleep pattern into circles. And as usual with presidential and vice-presidential debates, they're a bit disappointing -- in the sense that they have become far too predictable. Perhaps it's the 24-hour news channels and the internet, but I'm struck by the fact that these debates rarely (never?) reveal anything new. Instead it boils down to things like: why didn't McCain look directly at Obama? Why did Palin wink at the camera like a Hooters waitress? Why did McCain call Obama "that one"? Is Obama being disrespectful to McCain by calling him "John"?

Just under four weeks to go. My absentee ballot is coming soon and I can't wait to tick the box for Obama -- for a lot of reasons which I won't go into now. But you can bet I will before Nov. 4.
CJS

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

I would like to know why your ready to check the box. Feel free to email me if you aren't ready to post.

Anonymous said...

I hope you do not lose your government funding for your blog since you have now endorsed.

Anonymous said...

ah....the sound of your voice....just kidding....lost your email....pls email me....have answers to your "bill" ...will resolve it next week....out of office until ??? no clue....more out than in....Patrick is looking more and more like pops....trippin' with Dave, Buell and Diane last week...what a RIOT....waiting upon your royal self to email....so I can catch you up....and fill you in....ah...Sam's wedding was wonderful...Hampton Honor points afforded him a week in Hawaii for his honeymoon....he is loving Portland....so email....won't have to fill up your blog....oh and I have finally seen a real live MOOSE!....

deedee said...

I got my ballot last week in the mail and got to vote for "that" one!!!