06 October 2008

Pierre Cardin and Bubble Houses

THE PHOTO YOU see here is of one of the 8 or 10 famous 'bubble houses' located in the beautiful village of Théoule sur Mer, just west of Cannes. We have driven past them on many occassions and wondered who lives in them and why they were designed the way they were. Well, one of those questions was answered this morning when I heard on the radio that designer Pierre Cardin will be unveiling his 2009 collection today at his ... bubble house in Théoule. He is flying 200 friends and media down from Paris for the big showing -- which will take place in his garden on a long catwalk. And in case you're wondering, the weather is absolutely perfect today.

Here are a few more photos of Cardin's house. You can read even more about his bubble house here.

I'll take it. Actually, we have friends who live in a bubble house here in Le Rouret. It's quite a bit smaller than the one you see above, but it is the most unique house I've ever been in. The walls and ceiling are all round and there are no right-angles in the entire house. Quite a difference from the typical house in this part of the world.

CJS

6 comments :

Vic Heaney said...

We know of some dome-shaped houses in Hokitika, New Zealand. We'll try to remember to take some photos of them for you when we go in a few months.

Also in New Zealand, we saw a house which completely round, but also on legs - just looked like a spaceship. It was displayed in a park, but apparently they were all the rage a few decades ago - or they were supposed to be!

Wendy said...

Okay, I have to admit I have been lurking. Why? I have been looking for blogs from France. Blogs that give a great perspective from both sides of the ocean. I love your blog because it is so diverse. Not your typical political posts and the pictures of this bubble house are amazing. I have never heard of this. See what you can learn from a blog from France! Love the posts about your family too. Sorry about the corn, the corn in Oklahoma was amazing this year. But then, you have that beautiful ocean and good french wine as a great substitute. My posts are not quite as interesting..just wanted to let you know you have a great blog! Was wondering how the "big bailout" is playing over there. NPR said today France is getting into their own bailout dance. I'll be back to read your posts as it gets closer to election. I too am voting for Obama.

Anonymous said...

good morning fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been digging for that particular make. The prices due to the fact that the shoes were all over 220 pounds everwhere. But for all I base this location selling them for half price. I exceptionally love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good morning ppl. I'm really into shoes and I was searching for that exact model. The prices due to the fact that the velcros are all over 320 bucks on every site. But finally I bring about this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good evening bros. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been searching for that exact make. The prices as regards the boots are all over 210 dollars on every site. But for all I set this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what is your opinion?