12 January 2009

It Was the Dukes. It Was the Dukes. It Was the Dukes

IF YOU'RE REALLY on your game you'll recognize that line from Trading Places, one of my all time favorite films. I like it so much I'm watching the entire movie right now in French, and it's still good. It's on TVBreizh!

Trading Places used to come on TV in the States all the time and it became sort of a joke between Kerri and I that I would try to see how many time I could get her to come into the room during the 'It was the Dukes. It was the Dukes. It was the Dukes' scene. You know, I'd say something like, 'Kerri, could you come in here and look at something,' and the scene would be on the television. Or if she was watching something I'd run into the room and say, 'check out channel 30,' and it would be the scene. I've probably done this 10-15 times throughout the years (it never gets old...for me!)

Well, I tried to get her again about 15 minutes ago -- this time by Skyping her just before it was time for the scene. Unfortunately, she was out getting lunch, but her Dad and Patrick answered and I left a message. It would have been so great if she was there!

Next time.

CJS

1 comment :

Torie said...

I love this movie! My sister and I use the lines "Looking good Billy Ray, feeling good Lewis"! I miss the comedies of the 80's and 90's, those guys were great!