26 January 2009

This is Just Cool

SOMETIMES I FEEL like writing about things that have happened during our stay here in France, and sometimes I just feel like putting up links to cool stuff. Today's a cool stuff day. Take a lot at the photo that can be found at this link. It's not so much the photo that's incredible, but what you can do with the photo -- you can zoom in to any part of it and get close enough to see amazing detail. The navigation is sort of like what you find on Google Earth.

The photo is of President Obama (first time I've written that) giving his speech. See who got the good seats and who didn't. (Hint for family and friends: Van Hollen got a good seat). You also get a bonus if you can tell me what Justice Clarence Thomas is doing.

I've now rated this photo the coolest I've ever seen on the internet. Navigate away!
CJS

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

Definitely a cool photo. It's interesting to see the expressions on everyone's faces. I still find it interesting that it looks like Justice Clarence Thomas is napping.

J Perry Stone said...

Hey. Where are the family pics from your trip home to DC?

This is supposed to be a place where we journey with you during you two years abroad.

Well, I wanted to journey back home with you, too.

Post 'em, kay?

مارية said...

Well well well, look who I found! A long-lost high school English teacher!

deedee said...

That is cool and I do believe Clarence is catching some Zzzz's.

French for a While said...

We have two winners! Nick and Poppy Fields both guess that Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas looks to be catching up on some sleep during the speech of America's first African American President. The irony there is pretty thick.

Anonymous said...

somehow, i doubt ol' clarence is sleeping, i vote for checking his Facebook account on his crackberry!!!