06 February 2009

Funny = Money

THE LOCAL ENGLISH radio station (Riviera Radio) has a contest each week where they ask listeners to call in jokes and the morning hosts pick the one they like best and reward the joke-teller with a prize. For weeks Patrick and Julia have been begging me to call in a joke so this week I decided to give it a shot. Last Sunday evening I left a message on the 'joke line' at Riviera Radio.

Well, I won!

My joke was played on the air this morning as I was taking the kids to school. The fun part of this little story is that the prize this week a pretty good one: a €150 gift certificate to Le Relais des Coches in Tourrettes-sur-Loup -- one of the best known restaurants on the Cote d'Azur. You can click here to take a look at their menu.

Our friend Michel stayed in Tourrettes-sur-Loup when he was here several months ago and bragged about a very good meal he had at one of the restaurants -- I wonder if this was the place?

So sometime in the next couple of weeks we'll enjoy a nice weekend lunch at a nice little retaurant in a nice little village that has a nice little view Nice, Antibes, Cannes and the Mediterranean Sea. All because I told a nice little joke about an Englishman, and Irishman, and a Scott who walk into a bar...
CJS

5 comments :

Manue said...

Congrats jonathan!!!

deedee said...

That's awesome. I miss Riviera radio...

Ben Wygal said...

CONGRATS!! I figure you could win this contest every week!
All is great here... hope the same for you.
Ben (and Reika)

Anonymous said...

What's the joke?? You just left us hanging...

Anonymous said...

Dad is, as usual, awed by his son's inventiveness and wacky humor.