02 June 2009

Je parle, tu parles, il parle...

THANKS TO A new rule for non-European Union immigrants, I will be spending the entire day taking a series of French exams at a local government office building. I need to pass if I want to keep my current work/immigration status. The exam (DILF/DELF) covers reading, writing, listening and, of course, speaking. Because I am a relatively new ex-pat I only have to pass a beginning level so there's not too much to worry about (uh oh, overconfidence?). I've been enrolled in classes for most of this academic year and have also been trying to do some studying on my own -- including using this great site run by 'Jennie en France'

Plus, last night I watched 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels' with some friends (Nathan and Crystal) who are staying with us and we had the French sub-titles on, so that's like two hours of studying right there.
CJS

6 comments :

parlezvouskiwi said...

You are JOKING?! So every non-EU person who wants to work in France now has to take this test? Thats no fun!

Penny said...

Ah, I love that movie! Good luck with the exam :)

Christina said...

Bonne chance!!!

Anonymous said...

How new is the rule and what does it apply to? I just got my new cds in april and they didn't make me do anything. I'd fail very dramatically!!

Anonymous said...

leavis leonid erlangen arialsup zeal ethics motor litter choice normandy vial
masimundus semikonecolori

Anonymous said...

Aprendi mucho