26 October 2009

Better Than Last Year

ALL THINGS CONSIDERED, it was a pretty successful day. Sure, I was awake at 5:30. Sure, I was at the prefecture before the car park even opened. Sure, I stood in a line outside the door for two hours. Sure, I watched a woman yell at a man for nearly 5 minutes because she thought he cut in line. Sure, I didn't have the proper number of photocopies of every document we needed. But in the end we got our new cards and are now legal for another year.

We timed things pretty well this time. I know that I'd be in line for several hours so I called Kerri when it became clear about how long a wait we would have and she and the kids simply came down and met me. The arrived at about 9:30 and we were out of there by 11:15. Last year we walked out at 4:45pm.

Like I said -- all things considered, that's a pretty successful day.

CJS

No comments :