24 June 2010

Where Were You?

WHERE WERE YOU when Landon Donovan scored the oh-so-late goal against Algeria yesterday. I was alone in a hotel room in St. Germain-en-Laye silently screaming and jumping up and down so as not to disturb others in the hotel. But here are some other great, great reactions. I just watched these and at the moment the crowd goes crazy, I put my hands in the air and pumped my arms (I'm still alone in a hotel room in St. Germain-en-Laye). I could watch these kinds of reactions for hours.

As I have written before, American's don't get many chances to fully support a national team on the world stage because our sports don't have the global reach that soccer does. So this has been fun so far. Here's my favorite -- watch how the guy in the lower right seems to understand a goal was scored about 1 second before everyone else:

No comments :